Commercial Loan Officer
Position Type: Full time Location: Wayne Campus: 1455
Hours: 40 a week Monday - Friday
City and State: Wayne, NJ
VNB Req Number: 20130022
The Commercial Loan Officer is responsible, under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, for the administration of all assigned account relationships and for the development of new business for the bank.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Maintain and service assigned portfolios and appropriately cross sell other bank products.
* Maintain close customer contact to ensure continued satisfaction and to follow or anticipate additional financing needs.
* Monitor and report changes in credit quality.
* Negotiate to properly structured and priced credit facilities consistent with the bank's credit policies and lending practices.
* Prepare effective packages for credit approval circulation and to present packages to the required level of credit authority.
* Attend loan closings to ensure loans are properly closed.
* Oversee proper handling of customer transactions such as advances, payments, wire transfers, etc.
* Ensure that the bank is in possession of current financial information and that the information has been properly analyzed and on file.
* Maintain and follow a list of prospective customers.
* Develop and maintain new business sources.
* Solicit new business opportunities.
*Valid Driver's License required.
* Knowledge of credit underwriting, basic accounting and loan documentation.
* Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Good level of interpersonal and social skills needed to interact with customers or prospective clients.
* Good time management skills.
* Good mathematical skills.
* Ability to sell, negotiate and meet sales goals.
* Good credit and administrative skills.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
* High School Diploma and a minimum of five years related experience or Bachelor's Degree in a related field with commensurate experience.
* Community and/or industry involvement in territory.
* Bachelors Degree with more than 10 years related experience preferred.